Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Adaptxt?
- What mobile platforms is Adaptxt available on?
- What are Add-On dictionaries?
- How to select Adaptxt suggestions?
- Does Adaptxt correct mistyped words?
- Does Adaptxt learn new words?
- Can Adaptxt enhance my professional communication?
- Does Adaptxt support only mobile phones?
- How to check a device IMEI number?
- Is my device supported?
Adaptxt is innovative language software that provides context-based suggestions using "type-ahead technology". The Adaptxt suggestion bar displays word suggestions during text entry; these are word completion and next word suggestions.
Adaptxt also provides various language and industry specific dictionaries (Add-Ons) to suit your typing needs. Language-specific keyboards are provided with each Add-On.
Adaptxt Engine is available on Android, Symbian, MeeGo, Windows Mobile, Windows and Linux.
Adaptxt UI is available on Android, Symbian & Windows Mobile.
Adaptxt provides a wide variety of Add-On dictionaries, both language and industry-specific. The latter provide field-specific language intelligence including words related to a given profession, such as medicine or finance. These 'domain' dictionaries are aimed at business users. On the other hand, over 40 language dictionaries are available to users all around the world to text in the language of their choice.
You can download add-on dictionaries from Nokia Ovi store on your Nokia S60 devices and also from Android Market Apps. For Windows mobiles, you can place a request for the add-on dictionaries from here.
1. Open a text entry application, such as Messaging.
2. The Adaptxt suggestion bar appears above the keyboard displaying word suggestions.
3. Tap keys to enter text. Tap on 123# key to enter numbers and punctuation symbols. Tap the 1/2 or 2/2 key for more symbols. Alternatively, press and hold a relevant key to input numerics or symbols shown above the main letters. For example, on QWERTY or QWERTZ keyboards, press and hold "Q" to insert "1"
4. Adaptxt offers suggestions for your text in the suggestion bar. Tap the right arrow key in the bar to view more suggestions.
5. To select a suggestion, tap on it. The suggestion will be added to your text and a space is inserted after the suggestion.
Adaptxt provides corrections in full QWERTY layout on all platforms.
Error Correction displays alternatives to what’s entered in the Adaptxt suggestion bar. These suggestions appear in red and can be selected by tapping on them.
Additionally, on Android and Symbian Adaptxt products, Auto Correction feature is provided in full QWERTY layout. It lets you insert corrections automatically, with a tap of a space key. The Auto Correction candidate appears always as the first suggestions, in a highlighted background. To select Auto Correction candidate, tap on a space key.
Yes. Adaptxt learns new words in real time as you type them. These new words are added to My Dictionary and offered as suggestions later.
On Nokia S60 devices, Adaptxt allows users to scan Calendar entries, Phonebook contacts, SMS and Email Inbox, Sent items and their Facebook profile to learn new words.
You can store upto 2500 words in the personal dictionary. You are also allowed to delete words and manage the personal dictionary!
Adaptxt can help with field-specific email or editing a business proposal on your device by providing finely tuned industry-specific dictionaries (choice of 5 disciplines in several languages). Adaptxt also looks out for your typos, providing alternative words as Error Correction feature.
Adaptxt supports mobile phones on S60, Windows Mobile and Android platforms as well as Android tablets.
To view a list of supported Symbian devices, see FAQ > Symbian
To view a list of supported Android devices, see FAQ > Android
Compatible WM6.5 devices:
Hi-Res Touch Phones: Samsung Omnia II, HTC HD2, AT&T HTC Pure, Acer neoTouch S200, LG GW825 IQ (LG Monaco)
Lo-Res Touch Phones: Samsung Omnia, HTC Touch2, HTC Touch Cruise, O2 XDA, Acer beTouch
Lo-Res Qwerty Phones: LG GM550, HP iPAQ 910/912/914, HP iPAQ K3 Glisten
Hi-Res Qwerty Phones: Sony Ericsson Xperia X2, LG GW820 IQ (LG Monaco), HTC Tilt2